Situation: You’re pissed because something is not ok with your Windows 8 and you heard that there’s new and awesome features that can save your life – Refresh or Reset -, and your like “F*CK YEAH let’s get rid of this”, but, when you try to do it you get this:
This happens because Windows is expecting you to insert a DVD with the installation files.
Solution 1# (if you have the DVD)
- Insert the damn DVD
- Next Next Next
- Wait for it
- There’s no 5th step.
Solution 2# (if you only have an ISO image)
- Create a folder in your system root called “windows8″ (the path to it would then be “C:\windows8″ )
- Mount the Windows 8 ISO
- Go to Sources folder and copy “install.wim” file to “C:\windows8″
- Open an Admin Command Prompt with WIN+X A
- Run this: reagentc.exe /setosimage /path C:\windows8 /target c:\Windows /Index 1
- Try to Refresh / Restart again and it should work as expected!