In my previous blog post i explained how you could get past an error you might get when trying to unlock your WP7 for development but, right after i posted it, the first question that poped out from a friend was “Yeah man that’s nice but, where/how can i create my account?”. Hence, this blogpost.
Note: This will describe the process that a university student has to go through to unlock his device!
Meet, the process:
- Download Windows Phone 7.1 SDK (or newer version) in App Hub and install
- Create a Windows Live account (if you don’t have one already)
- Go to http://www.dreamspark.com/ and sign in with your Windows Live account
- Get Verified by choosing your university
- Go to http://create.msdn.com and sign in
- Click in one of those “Submit for [platform]” images.
- You will be asked to activate your developer account, fill in the necessary information
- If your get an “Error occured” message, try this!
- When you have successfully activated your account in App Hub and after you have installed WP7.1 SDK, go to Start>All Programs> Windows Phone SDK 7.1>Windows Phone Developer Registration
- Or you can execute C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v7.1\Tools\Phone Registration\PhoneReg.exe
- Follow the instructions and congratulations, your phone is unlocked, go to Visual Studio and run your apps in your newly unlocked device! 😀
If you have any questions, go to my About page and contact me!